Light gauge metal and wood framing solution automates stud design and manufacturing in Revit BIM environment
Montreal, QC, Canada February 3, 2010 -- StrucSoft Solutions today launched MWF Professional, a significant new upgrade of its metal and wood framing solution for Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010 and Revit Structure 2010. MWF is a template-driven extension to Revit that streamlines design, shop floor drawing production, and manufacture of light gauge metal and wood framing.
“MWF Professional pushes the limit of framing automation in the Revit environment and provides framing designers, engineers, builders, contractors and fabricators with the tools required take on serious metal or wood framing projects,” commented Amir Masood, VP of marketing and business development at Strucsoft Solutions.
Among its many new features and capabilities MWF Professional includes the following:
- Design on-the-fly within Revit Structure: new Bi-directional interface with Woodworks sizer, allows Revit users to design any wood member without leaving the Revit Structural environment.
- Comprehensive library of Simpson Strong-Tie connectors: also includes intelligent placement tools that choose the optimum connectors based on end reactions as well as the properties of the supporting and connecting members.
- Wall-frame-to-wall-frame joint creation interface: Users can define framing at the intersection point of multiple walls, and then automatically apply the same framing joint definition everywhere the same conditions apply.
- Automated framing of floor and roof openings
- MEP clash detection with automatic opening and framing creation: MWF performs automatic verification of clashes between any number of walls against any combination of MEP objects -- structural members as well as generic Revit families. This unique features also has the capability to resolve clashes by automatically creating openings where required, and framing the opening all based on user defined rules. Another significant feature of this clash engine is that it checks across linked models.
Other new features of MWF Professional include:
- Ability to define framing conditions for any size and type of opening with User-defined rules that supplement wall templates;
- Panel vertical and horizontal breakup markers;
- Multiple Stud arrangements and propagation methods.
Pricing and Availability
Software is available now. For pricing information contact Email Contact or call +1 514-731-0008
About Strucsoft Solutions
Strucsoft Solutions ( www.strucsoftsolutions.com) develops markets and supports Revit-based structural design & manufacturing software solutions for the BIM environment. Founded in 2008 the privately-held company began as a spin-off of Strucsoft Inc., a veteran value-added developer of plant and structural software solutions for 15 years.
Currently Strucsoft Solutions has two product lines – MWF, a light gauge steel and wood framing solution for Autodesk Revit; and CMS, a CAD/CAM application dedicated to creating, editing and managing DSTV-NC files. CMS is available stand alone or as an add-on for Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks as well as MBS
Strucsoft Solutions is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.