TO: Art & Entertainment, Travel & Leisure, Lifestyle Editors
WHAT: 62nd SAUSALITO ART FESTIVAL
Fine art, music, food, and wine come together Labor Day weekend along the Sausalito waterfront for one of the most prestigious art festivals in the United States.
WHEN: Labor Day Weekend /August 30-September 1
WHERE: Marinship Park along Sausalito's scenic waterfront
- Over 260 artists from around the world exhibiting paintings, sculpture, drawings, jewelry, ceramic, glass, fiber arts, woodwork, photography, mixed media and more -- 70 new artists will be showcasing their wares
- Two stages with continuous live music and headline performers including Tower of Power, Taj Mahal, Tommy Castro & The Painkillers, Jackie Greene and Pete Escovedo. For a complete list of the 22 performers: sausalitoartfestival.org.
- California wines and micro-brews -- over 30 premium California wines will be poured; don't miss the Wine Garden, waterfront cocktail lounges or Stella Artois Beer Garden which is new this year
- An all-new layout for the festival grounds
- New festival hours -- you can sleep in! We are opening later and staying open later (see hours below)
- Gourmet food fare brought to you by 12 local non-profit organizations; culinary delights include Maryland crab cakes, Point Reyes oysters, pulled pork sliders, shrimp ceviche, Begian waffles and Greek Gyros
- "Sierra Highs: California Landscapes" -- special photo gallery and retrospective of legendary mountaineer and photojournalist Galen Rowell
- The largest "sculpture" on site and art in the making -- a 120-foot historic schooner under construction. The first "tall ship" to be built in the Bay Area in over 100 years, the sailing vessel will be a floating classroom for children once built
- The American Icon Art Competition exhibit -- a multi-media show featuring images captured only on mobile devices depicting "American Icons"
- Children's Entertainment area with live music, face painting and other activities for the young and young at heart.
HOW TO GET THERE
- A Blue & Gold Fleet combined ferry/Festival ticket package will transport festival-attendees from Pier 41 in San Francisco directly to the Festival pier
- The Golden Gate Ferry (leaving from the Ferry Building in San Francisco) will add extra ferries to Sausalito Labor Day Weekend, sailing to downtown Sausalito where passengers can catch a free shuttle bus to and from the Festival.
- Golden Gate Transit bus service is also available
- Free valet bicycle parking
- For those traveling by car -- Highway 101 North or South to the Sausalito/Marin City exit and follow the signs to the Sausalito Art Festival. Golden Gate Bridge & the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge are both open as are all streets in Sausalito
Dates & Times
Saturday, August 30 10 AM - 7 PM
Sunday, August 31 10 AM - 7 PM
Monday, September 1 10 AM - 5PM
$25 for general admission
$20 for seniors 62+
$5 for children ages 6 - 12
Free for children under the age of 6
Avoid lines at the gate; purchase in advance at www.sausalitoartfestival.org
Over one million visitors from throughout the world have attended the Sausalito Art Festival since its inception in 1952. The Festival is produced by the non-profit Sausalito Art Festival Foundation and run by over 1,000 volunteers each year. Proceeds from the Festival support the local arts community in the form of student scholarships, grants to other non-profit arts organizations and community service programs such as the innovative "Artists Teaching Art" in local schools. Through this support, the Festival makes a significant investment in the future of its community, totaling over $500,000 in the past decade.
Follow the Festival on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Credentialed media are invited to be our guests; please register online at www.sausalitoartfestival.org via the Press Page.
MEDIA CONTACT: Cheryl Popp Email Contact For tours of the site, interviews, and/or back stage access.