NOVATO, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- Mar 24, 2011 -- IMSI®/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today the release of TurboCAD Deluxe 18.
"TurboCAD Deluxe continues to be the leader in CAD for home and small business professionals," stated Bob Mayer, COO, IMSI/Design. "We're particularly proud that no other CAD product can match TurboCAD Deluxe's price performance and value."
New and enhanced features:
More Productive Architectural Tools
- House Wizard automates the preliminary room-by-room design of an entire house and generates a floor plan.
- Dynamic Dimensions for Doors and Windows. Dynamic dimensions displayed when doors and windows are inserted, showing distance to and from wall ends for easier, precise placement.
Smarter, Faster Drafting & Detailing
- Ray Tool creates rays on construction line layer to more clearly define projection line guidelines. Construction lines are also now editable and can be converted in rays.
- Copy In Place Tool works on all 2D and 3D objects.
- Enhanced Layers. Includes improved layers dialog. Plus, improved ability to turn on/off layers per viewport.
- Window or Crossing Selection lets you select all objects touching a selection crossing or just objects that are entirely within a selection window.
- Improved Fillet (2D) Tool. Fillets can now be performed multiple times on the same line segments for easier revisions. Works with polyline with arc segments, too.
- Improved Text, Sketch, Trim, Mirror, and Measurement Tools.
High Performance Tools
- Updated LightWorks Engine provides progressive, ray-traced rendering. Generates fast previews of light settings. Anti-aliasing also improved.
- Multi-Select Drawings Command lets you open multiple drawings in one step.
- Enhanced AutoCAD® 2010/2011 .DWG/.DXF and Google™ SketchUp™ v8 .SKP compatibility.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Deluxe 18 is now available for $129.99.
For a quick YouTube overview of some of the new features, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhXjzqx0Ig0
For more information or to upgrade online, visit www.TurboCAD.com or call IMSI/Design at 1.800.833.8082 (+1.415.483.8000).
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 15 million products sold since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DoubleCAD™, DesignCAD™, TurboFLOORPLAN™, and Renditioner families of precision design applications. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2011 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: IMSI/Design Pam Volpe 415.483.8025 Email Contact