TORONTO – October 7th, 2010 – CMiC, the leader in providing software solutions for the construction industry, continued to be the software of choice for leading contractors with the addition of 6 new Top 150 General Contractor clients in 2010. CMiC also expanded into the international market and developed a unique relationship to deliver CMiC software to a wider range of contractors.
"As the economy slowly begins to recover, industry leading companies have chosen CMiC construction software to help deal with the eventual upturn in the market," said Bassem Hamdy, vice president, solutions, CMiC. "The addition of 6 to General Contractors in the Top 150 of the ENR list, along with our other new clients this year, is a testament to the business value of CMiC Open Enterprise v10 and how integrating all departments in a single database increases interoperability and enhances productivity."
New General Contractor clients for 2010 include:
* Gilbane Building Company, listed as number 16 on the ENR Top 400 list and one of the largest privately held family-owned companies in the construction and real estate industry
* Structure Tone, number 22, is a full-service construction provider based in New York with offices across the US and in the UK, Ireland and Asia
* Swinerton Incorporated, number 40 in the Top 250, is the Premier Builder in the West
* Plaza Construction Corp., number 65, is a national General Contractor based in New York
* James G. Davis Construction Corp., number 114, is a General Contractor based in Maryland
* Contrack International Inc., number 125, is a leading privately owned international engineering, procurement and construction company that specializes in large US government-funded projects around the world
* Charles Pankow Builders, an industry leader in design-build project delivery and one of the largest design-build contractors in the U.S.
* T.B. Penick & Sons, an award-winning construction and general/specialty contracting company
CMiC also expanded into international markets with the addition of Servetek, a contractor based in Lagos, Nigeria, that provides a wide range of service and support to both private and public clients in a variety of specialized sectors, including civil construction, telecommunications, and engineering.
"International contractors have started to recognize the value of using a construction industry specific software solution that integrates all departments," said Hamdy. "The customization ability of CMiC Open Enterprise v10, in which existing screens can be modified and entirely new ones built, means that CMiC can be configured to match any business requirement."
CMiC software is now available to a wider range of contractors through CMiC’s partnership with Constructive Insight, who provide CMiC software, along with a program of best practice managerial, organization and operational tools.
"Contractors who want the functionality and power of CMiC construction software but lacked the ability to implement and maintain the system now have access to the same financial and project management software as some of the largest contractors in North America," said Jeff Weiss, vice president, sales, CMiC, about the agreement with Constructive Insight.
"Looking forward, CMiC Open Enterprise v10 is the construction software of choice for companies who want to emerge from the current economic conditions stronger," said Bassem Hamdy. "Putting the system in place now will better position contractors to take advantage of a better market by helping companies lower costs, improve productivity and maximize efficiency."
CMiC is the leader in creating the most advanced and technologically open enterprise-wide software solutions for the construction industry for over 35 years. With some of the largest AEC/O organizations in North America as clients, CMiC has unique insight into the business needs of the industry. CMiC Open Enterprise v10 is most advanced construction software solution ever created that lowers costs, improves productivity and increases interoperability.
Phone: 416-736-0123 ext 315