New Non-linear 3D Workflow and Rendering Software Seamlessly Integrates with McNeel Rhino to Streamline Architectural Design
AIA EXPO 2010 – MIAMI, FL – June 10, 2010 — StudioGPU announced today that attendees of the AIA Expo in Miami will be able to preview the new MachStudio™ Core for Rhino non-linear 3D workflow and rendering software for architects and designers. MachStudio Core for Rhino offers a seamless way for professionals using Rhino to create and interact with cinematic-quality 3D objects, materials, lights, cameras and environments in real time and near real time on a desktop workstation.
See StudioGPU MachStudio Core for Rhino at the AIA Expo 2010, McNeel Rhino Booth #2485, June 10-12, Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami, Florida
A real-time 3D workflow and rendering software that leverages the horsepower of off-the-shelf professional graphics processing units (GPUs), MachStudio Core for Rhino allows designers, architects and engineers to work with 3D lighting, camera views and multi-point perspectives in an interactive non-linear fashion. The result is real-time high-fidelity views as they will appear in the final rendered format. With MachStudio Core for Rhino, users can easily manage and interact with complex lighting, caustics, cameras, shaders, materials, ambient occlusion, and color grading for real-time shot finaling and compositing.
MachStudio Core for Rhino offers features designed exclusively for Rhino software such as FastExport for Rhino and automated source update functionality. FastExport for Rhino simplifies the Rhino exporting process by allowing users to easily select groups, layers, and other export options, and export the entire scene with the press of a button. The automated source update feature continuously looks for the most current version of 3D models from Rhino. Additional features in MachStudio Core for Rhino include:
- Optimized shader and material pipeline with full materials library and interactive ambient occlusion (AO) with depth peeling for better accuracy and quality of AO passes.
- Support for point, projected, environment, spot, and directional lights.
- Properties can be animated and keyframed for all lights and cameras.
- Physically-based cameras provide settings and controls that mimic real-world cameras.
- Real-time depth-map shadows and depth-of-field, support for the creation of unlimited lights and gels, and simulated global illumination, reflection and refraction.
- Procedural ramp texture generation for projected lights allows for the creation of stylized lights from within MachStudio Core for Rhino without the need for imported textures.
- Export rendered images directly into Adobe Photoshop while maintaining all render passes as independent, editable Photoshop layers.
- Transparency depth peeling boosts the accuracy of transparency sorting and the quality of opacity attributes.
- Completely customizable interface with assignable hotkeys, drag-and-drop tabs, and fully functional scene manager.
- Resolution independent with support for many file formats and codecs including: MOV, AVI, BMP, JPG, PNG, TGA, DDS.
MachStudio Core for Rhino will support Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista operating systems on most professional graphics accelerator cards. For more information about MachStudio Core for Rhino as it becomes available, sign up for the StudioGPU newsletter at www.studiogpu.com.
StudioGPU develops software and technology that frees digital artists from the creative shackles of time, money and resources. The company’s flagship product MachStudio Pro™ empowers artists and designers working in film, broadcast, game development, computer-assisted design (CAD), and pre- and post-production to create and manipulate fully rendered film-quality 3D design and animation in real-time.
KG|KD Public Relations
E-mail: Email Contact