e-SPECS v5.0 Release
e-SPECS® v5.0 includes major new functionality, more BIM integration and additional Building Product Manufacturer (BPM) content. This year marks the
Anniversary of the first release of e-SPECS for Revit and AutoCAD applications. We appreciate the opportunity to help our customers use the e-SPECS solutions to improve their bottom line. Please keep your suggestions for new functionality coming so that we may continue to develop the best integrated BIM specification solutions to the market.
A brief listing of new e-SPECS v5.0 functionality includes:
e-SPECS for Revit Integration
- Over 100 new e-SPECS BIM bindings to MasterSpec enables more “out-of-the-box” integration reducing initial implementation time
- New e-SPECS BIM Model Validation Console supports linked models, filtering and direct assembly code assignment
- New Executive Summary and Table of Contents Reports within Revit provide early outline reporting and additional validation
- Omni-Class is now supported through e-SPECS BIM parametric bindings
- Uniformat assemblies with bindings are now bold for visual confirmation
- Custom family parametric values are now associated with their assembly enabling more detailed binding integration
e-SPECS Building Product Manufacturer BIM Model Integration
- e-SPECS Revit bindings associated with parameter field values enable tight BPM Revit family and system integration and coordination
- BPMs can ensure their specs are included in the specification manual when their BIM families are used in the model
- Out-of-the-box e-SPECS binding integration includes BPM Program Members in the construction specification manuals
- Style Manager integration for creating, managing and using style guides within e-SPECS Designer
- Automatic checklist tagging of custom master sections supports SectionFormat 2008
- Paragraph formatting can be used on any style
- Tables may be added and managed in edit mode
e-SPECS Updates and Enhancements
e-SPECS v5.0 will be automatically emailed to all current customers under subscription so please ensure your email filters include "@e-SPECS.com" as an approved sender.
- New Section History Report lists Imported, Inserted via Checklist, or Inserted via BIM Model Integration
- e-SPECS Editor includes bracket insertion and use with double-click editing
- Project Notes Reports have been added and Project Notes may be open while editing sections
- Existing Projects may be converted to Base Document Template Projects
- Direct links from e-SPECS to MasterSpec On-Line Supporting Documents
New e-SPECS BPM Program Members
Building Product Manufacturers (BPMs) interested in getting specified into more projects are taking advantage of the e-SPECS BPM Program. BPMs enter the program at the level that makes sense for their business and products starting at just
"Distribution within e-SPECS will aid in providing a great platform for the specification of our products, with the overall goal of fostering a positive relationship with building professionals," stated Nilton Duque, Director of Marketing at Avanti Systems.
Dorian Lynch-Geis, Clipso Director for North America, stated "We need to be aggressive in getting our products selected by designers. InterSpec offered not only writing our 3 Part CSI product specification, but distribution to e-SPECS users making it easier for designers to specify us into their project with accurate and coordinated specifications."
Read the Complete BPM News Release or
Request the BPM Program Video Demos
InterSpec Writes Office Master for Rossetti Associates
InterSpec's Spec Writing Services Group has been selected by Rossetti Associates, an international architectural firm recognized for its design excellence, to write and maintain its office master specification documents. "Selecting InterSpec's professional specification writing team to create and maintain our office master specifications gives Rossetti the ability to jump start our specification process by including our preferences, products and processes out of the gate" said David Richards AIA, LEED AP, PMP. "We can reduce man hours spent in developing the first draft and focus on the immediate project, knowing our specification documents are up to date and consistent."
Read the Complete News Release
Contact us now
to get a proposal on creating, translating from MF95 to MF04, or maintaining your Master Specifications.
2010 New Year Sales Promotions
Reduce time and costs while improving construction document coordination with the following Q1 2010 Incentives:
- 2 FREE e-SPECS Revit Plugin Console AND
2 FREE e-SPECS Desktop Collaboration
Licenses w/ each new e-SPECS for Revit License
- $500 Discount on VA Master Integration
- 10% New Customer Spec Writing Project Discount
- 10% e-SPECS BPM Program Membership Discount
Request your proposal now to ensure
signoff by 3/31/10 .
e-SPECS v5.0 will include direct links to the web based MasterSpec Supporting Documents. No need to download and install the files locally or search the internet. Based on the section you are working in you are just one click away from valuable overviews of products, testing procedures and codes, application suggestions, environmental considerations, references, direct links to manufacturers and more.
e-SPECS is enabling firms to reduce costs while improving product quality.
“e-SPECS Designer was used to create a Healthcare Office Master based on MasterSpec and extended with required custom language. The
e-SPECS intelligent checklist tagging and mapping enables us to provide consistent high quality documents while saving time and money.”
~ M. Kundinger
Cogdell Spencer ERDMAN
email us your Testimonial
Self-Paced Training Videos
for e-SPECS v5.0 are only $300 each. Classes can also be scheduled on-site or via webcast for your firm for $1,795 per day.
The FREE Live Webinars provide a great intro to the e-SPECS solutions.
e-SPECS for Revit
Thur, Jan 28 th
Thur, Feb 11 th
and 25 th
e-SPECS for AutoCAD
Wed, Jan 27 th
Wed, Feb 24 th
Wed, Jan 27 th
Wed, Feb 24 th
e-SPECS BPM Program
Wed, Feb 10 th
Recorded e-SPECS Demos are available if these dates don't fit your schedule. Share these with others at your firm.
e-SPECS University and Webinar Registration
View the Brief e-SPECS
On-Line Demos Now!
Pennsylvania Convention Center
Jun 10 - 12, 2010
an e-SPECS Presentation for your next User Group, Chapter Meeting or Event