REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- Oct 06, 2009 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing its strategy of delivering complete, integrated and end-to-end product suites on an open, standards-based middleware and database architecture, Oracle today announced Oracle® Business Process Analysis (BPA) Suite 11g, the latest release of the company's industry-leading, integrated product suite for designing, modeling, simulating and optimizing business processes.
- Based on the IDS Scheer ARIS Design Platform, Oracle BPA Suite 11g delivers more complete integration with Oracle SOA Suite to improve business and IT collaboration and maximize operational efficiency.
- Oracle BPA Suite 11g offers comprehensive process modeling capabilities for methodology-driven process design and a common process model in a unified environment, enabling both business and IT users to utilize the best tools for their respective requirements.
- The latest release also improves Process Lifecycle Management by simplifying process change management and delivers greater business visibility through improved process visibility and reporting.
- Oracle BPA Suite 11g provides customers with a unified solution that enhances collaboration, helps reduce costs, enhances visibility and streamlines the development and execution of business processes.
Seamless Integration, Better Collaboration and Business Process Efficiency
- Oracle BPA Suite delivers comprehensive modeling, simulation, analysis, and reporting capabilities for enterprise business processes. Business analysts and architects (business and process), can now capture end-to-end business processes using standard notations including BPMN, EPC, and Value Chain Diagrams.
- Oracle BPA Suite includes rich reporting capabilities along with the ability to capture context around supporting systems, products, services, organizations, strategy, risks, and objectives to help enterprises plan and optimize their process improvement initiatives.
- Oracle BPA Suite fosters collaboration among business analysts and their line of business stakeholders with Process Publisher, a web based component that enables sharing of processes and related data between business users and analysts. The collaboration between business analysts and developers on shared processes is further enhanced by the round-trip integration between Oracle BPA Suite and Oracle BPEL Process Manager, components of Oracle SOA Suite.
- With Oracle BPA Suite 11g, users can speed process innovation by rapidly modeling business processes and converting them into IT executables. This latest release offers the following new enhancements:
- Unified ARIS Server and ARIS Repository: enables seamless sharing of process and related metadata across Oracle BPA Suite and other ARIS platform products such as ARIS IT Architect and ARIS Balanced Scorecard.
- Round-trip integration with Oracle SOA 11g platform: enables business and IT to work from shared metadata and automatically translate process models into SCA-based SOA composites to promote rapid and meaningful process development. These features can eliminate business to IT gaps by directly translating business requirements into executable processes, empowering both business and IT to make process level changes in a governed fashion.
- Service discovery and identification: offers integration with UDDI and WSIL repositories to promote process based service discovery.
- Enhanced reporting: delivers new simulation reports that provide greater process visibility. The new graphical Report Editor simplifies report building and enables users to create customized, targeted process analysis options and result presentations quickly.
- New Version and Change Management: offers built-in support for versioning of process artifacts and change control. Version Management provides optimal process documentation support, making it possible to track the history of process descriptions and the improvement process. The Change Management feature helps to add and track improvement proposals for continuous process refinements.
- "Offering unmatched integration with Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle BPA Suite 11g brings together EA, BPA and BPM solutions on a common platform for better alignment of strategy, analysis and execution," said Amlan Debnath, Oracle Senior Vice President, Product Development. "Now business and IT users have the right set of tools designed for their individual needs -- business users design process models with Oracle BPA Suite 11g and IT uses the same process models for execution with Oracle SOA Suite. With this latest release, our customers can reduce the gap between IT and business and will experience firsthand the power and benefits of leveraging the leading IDS Scheer ARIS Design platform along with the industry's #1 middleware platform, Oracle Fusion Middleware."
- "We believe Oracle BPA Suite 11g delivers great benefits to Oracle BPA Suite customers," said Dr. Carsten Jörns, Extended Board Member for IDS Scheer Channel and Partner Management. "Higher integration across all ARIS tools and with Oracle SOA Suite leverages the full potential of Enterprise Business Process Management and helps increase overall efficiency. We are also excited that this release marks the latest step forward, continuing the product synergy between Oracle and IDS Scheer."
For more than 32 years, Oracle has been a technology innovator, transforming the way business is conducted. To learn about Oracle's latest technologies, visit the Innovation Showcase during the 100 days before Oracle OpenWorld. See oracle.com/innovation for more information.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact Info Letty Ledbetter Oracle +1.650.506.8071 Email Contact Wendy Allen Blanc & Otus for Oracle +1.805.570.4931 Email Contact