THE INTERNATIONAL TUNNELLING AND UNDERGROUND SPACE ASSOCIATION CALLS FOR NOMINATION FOR THE 7th EDITION OF ITA TUNNELLING AWARDS
Series 7 of ITA Tunnelling and Underground Space Awards is officially launched! Since 2015, the international competition seeks and rewards remarkable achievements within tunnelling industry. Organized by the International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, which gathers 78 Member Nations  and 300 corporate and individual members, the event both showcases the latest innovations, techniques and methods implemented in underground construction and offers a global overview of ongoing projects all over the world. Due to recent global pandemic which impacted international travels, this edition will be held online through a dedicated platform.
NOVELTIES FOR 2021 :
Since 2015, submissions can be made through different categories showing essential aspects of tunnelling industry. Over the past years, underground space has been identified as a crucial lever to build resilient urban environments and tackle impacts of climate change. Sustainability and Ethic have become the driving forces behind all underground projects, and through this new edition, ITA Tunnelling and Underground Space Awards has at heart to demonstrate the evolution of the industry to meet these new challenges, and especially with the new category « Beyond Engineering: Making underground works projects even better ».
· MAJOR PROJECT OF THE YEAR - OVER €500 MILLION
· PROJECT OF THE YEAR - BETWEEN €50 MILLION & €500 MILLION
· PROJECT OF THE YEAR INCL. RENOVATION - UP TO €50 MILLION
· TECHNICAL INNOVATION OF THE YEAR
· BEYOND ENGINEERING - MAKING UNDERGROUND WORKS PROJECTS EVEN BETTER
· ODDITIES OF THE UNDERGROUND
· INNOVATIVE & CONTRIBUTING UNDERGROUND SPACES
· YOUNG TUNNELLER OF THE YEAR
ENTRIES SUBMISSION & SELECTION PROCESS
- Candidacies can be submitted until June 30th 2021.
- Entries and selection process has to be made on ITA website: https://awards.ita-aites.org/account-creation
- Nominations for the different categories must be related to projects for which the major civil engineering work was completed between 1st January 2019 and 1st April 2021
- The Young Tunneller of the Year rewards an individual born after 1st January 1986 and who has brought an outstanding contribution to tunnelling.
More information on ITA Tunnelling and Underground Space Awards website: https://awards.ita-aites.org/
The International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association (ITA) is a non -profit and non-governmental international organization, which aims at promoting the use of underground space as a solution to sustainable development. Founded in 1974 and operating out of Geneva, Switzerland, ITA currently has 78 Member Nations, 300 affiliate members, 18 Prime Sponsors and 60 supporters.
More information : https://about.ita-aites.org/