Let's face it: even a lot of expensive, high end homes are looking pretty dated now - particularly to homeowners have been spending months locked up sheltering in place. Shortcomings that could be ignored or put off to another time are suddenly right in your face every day - and on the to-do list to change once things open up. COVID-19 is going to completely transform how people live in their homes and we expect that people who have the equity will be tapping it to transform their homes into spaces that they feel they can spend whole days in and that are flexible enough for them to live, work, take care of their kids and maybe entertain (with masks!). Clayton DeKorne, editor of Remodeling Magazine & JLC, says that activity on their website is booming for any projects or renovations dealing with outdoor decks, patios, and opening up more space. We think that in the future:
- Just as the formal dining room has been squeezed out in new home construction, we expect that homes of the future are going to emphasize access to the outdoors and maximize fresh air and open spaces.
- Entertaining will become an outdoor activity - making the house more private than ever and freeing up "entertaining spaces" like the living room and dining areas for much more family activities.
- Garages will be transformed into the new hybrid space - office, education space, workshop and place to meet guests who can't enter your home.
- People with lawns and spacious backyards will want to access them as much as possible - and opening glass wall and door systems like NanaWall will offer the perfect transition to the backyard space and create views and vistas for people spending more time in their houses.
- And with more than 21 million homes expected to hit the market in the next 17 years, more homeowners who want to move are doing high end remodels to make their homes stand out and sell quickly in the crowded resale market.
From creating indoor outdoor spaces to opening up kitchens and bathrooms, we have multiple examples with before and after photos of NanaWall renovations. Let us know if you want to speak with the team or if you are interested in photos of any renovations for use in any articles you may be working on about renovation! Have a great weekend.