OTTAWA, Feb. 21, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gallium Nitride (GaN) has reached prime time status as evident in the presentations, displays, and demonstrations to be presented by
GaN Systems and its customers and partners at the upcoming
Applied Power Electronics Conference & Exposition (APEC) conference in Anaheim, Calif., March 17 - 21, 2019.
One of the most highly anticipated APEC Industry Session presentations is, “ GaN E-HEMT Performance and Reliability in Datacenter, Solar, and Wireless Power Production Systems,” happening Thursday March 21, 2019. In this session, IS16, GaN Systems CEO Jim Witham and executives from leading companies will describe the importance of using GaN power semiconductors in their applications:
- Denso, a market share leader in the automotive market, will speak about the paradigm shift happening in the transportation market and how smaller and lighter electronics using wide-bandgap materials like GaN enable smaller and lighter electric vehicles.
- Sonnen, the leading behind-the-meter energy storage solution provider, will describe the challenges they faced in creating their next generation products and the improvements made by GaN, including decreasing the bill of materials (BoM) cost.
- Supermicro, a global leader in high performance, high efficiency server technology and innovation, will explain how increasing data center efficiency is reducing Total Cost to the Environment (TCE) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of data centers.
“Meeting customers and hearing how GaN has enabled them to reach new milestones brings the realization that energy-efficient, reliable, and cost-effective GaN power semiconductor devices are proven,” says Jim Witham. “I am pleased that Denso, Sonnen, and Supermicro will share their stories about how they are leveraging GaN to build systems designed to be more efficient, reduce cost, and help protect and improve the environment.”
Sonnen CTO Carlos Restrepo adds, “Developing the most efficient and affordable high-tech energy storage systems is key to our vision of clean and affordable energy for all. Therefore, our focus must be on crafting the right technologies suited to meet the challenges of a decentralized and sustainable energy future. The ability to wield power is central to our mission at Sonnen and for this, a key component in that recipe is GaN and we’re excited to talk about how we’re able to make major leaps in our next generation systems with GaN Systems.”
In addition to this panel session, GaN Systems’ experts will be presenting in several industry sessions in Devices and Controllers in Adapter Application, Vehicle Electrification, and Wireless as well as participating in two Rap Sessions.
GaN Systems will also be showcasing new devices and technologies from customers and partners in Booth 553 highlighting how power system designs using GaN are meeting size, power, efficiency, and system cost requirements. Demonstrations include:
- Consumer : Devices featuring longer battery life; small, high power AC adapters; and multi-device wireless power charging platforms including a through-wall (200 mm) wireless power transfer system.
- Data Center : Examples of AC-DC power supplies, UPS inverter design and 48V POL applications.
- Renewable Energy : High power inverter for residential solar storage and portable energy systems used in disaster recovery areas.
- Industrial : Power conversion modules; high power wireless charging systems for drones, robots and scooters; and solutions for HiRel applications.
- Automotive : The latest innovations in onboard charger designs and the world’s highest power, 4-channel LiDAR laser/driver.
Please contact us to reserve an appointment with GaN Systems.
About GaN Systems
GaN Systems is the global leader in GaN power semiconductors with the largest portfolio of transistors that uniquely address the needs of today’s most demanding industries including data center servers, renewable energy systems, automotive, industrial motors and consumer electronics.
As a market-leading innovator, GaN Systems makes possible the design of smaller, lower cost, more efficient power systems. The company’s award-winning products provide system design opportunities free from the limitations of yesterday’s silicon. By changing the rules of transistor performance, GaN Systems is enabling power conversion companies to revolutionize their industries and transform the world. For more information, please visit: www.gansystems.com or on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Trier and Company
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/b62fcb16-7249-4e97-bb23-51d6d12b51f2