New 10GbE and 25GbE NICs deliver a secure, high performance solution with Universal RDMASAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 28, 2017 — (PRNewswire) — Today, Cavium™, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable secure and intelligent processing for enterprise and cloud data centers, announced that its FastLinQ QL41000 Series of 10/25GbE Ethernet NICs are now available from Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) for HPE ProLiant and HPE Apollo Gen10 servers. Cavium FastLinQ Ethernet technology with Universal RDMA is purpose-built to accelerate access to networking and flash storage while offloading server CPU. The introduction of FastLinQ 10/25GbE NICs into HPE's broad portfolio of Gen10 servers, including select HPE ProLiant DL, ML and HPE Apollo servers, provides customers with an innovative solution delivering flexibility in choice of RDMA and cost savings for next generation Private, Hybrid and Telco Cloud data centers. This, along with the recent announcement of Cavium FastLinQ 25/50GbE NICs for HPE Synergy, completes the availability of Cavium NICs across the HPE Gen10 server portfolio.
The FastLinQ technology in the new HPE Ethernet 10GbE 52x Series and HPE Ethernet 62x Series adapters coupled with new generation of HPE servers empower data center administrators to optimize their server infrastructure costs, increase application performance and deliver a future-proof design. Leveraging built-in technologies like concurrent support for RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP (Universal RDMA) and SR-IOV, tenant workloads and infrastructure traffic can scale to deliver business results. With full offloads for tunneling protocols including VxLAN, GENEVE and NVGRE, the new HPE adapters deliver near line-rate performance for Software Defined Networking (SDN) workloads enabling Telcos and MSPs to seamlessly deploy, manage and scale the most demanding tenant workloads. Extending Cavium's legacy and expertise in security, FastLinQ NICs deliver robust security features like Secure Firmware Updates and UEFI Secure Boot, which enables HPE Secure Compute Lifecycle on Gen10 servers to offer best-in-class innovations in protection, malware detection, and recovery.
"The advent of NVMe and persistent memory, coupled with the introduction of the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processor family, have enabled higher workload and virtual machine density for enterprise and hybrid cloud architectures, putting even more importance on the flexibility and performance of the networking solution," said Seamus Crehan, President of Crehan Research. "Adapters based on Cavium's FastLinQ 41000 Series technology deliver this flexibility and performance with Universal RDMA offloads which should meet the networking demands of next-gen applications while delivering a secure and future-proof solution."
"The FastLinQ 41000 family delivers customers technology choice and investment protection by supporting concurrent RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP – Universal RDMA," said Rajneesh Gaur, Vice President and General Manager of Ethernet Adapter Group, Cavium. "The introduction of this new class of I/O connectivity for a broad range of HPE Gen 10 compute platforms provides significant VM density, by allowing customers to remove all I/O bottnecks and utilize the full potential of the HPE Gen 10 servers."
"Intelligent networking is a critical component for an agile application and delivering a secure environment for a hybrid infrastructure," said Tom Lattin, VP and GM of HPE Mass Market Platforms, Options, & Software. "One of our key goals in collaborating with Cavium on their FastLinQ 10/25GbE technology was to enhance the performance and security of HPE ProLiant and HPE Apollo Gen10 servers."
Purpose-built for accelerating and simplifying datacenter networking, Cavium FastLinQ Ethernet technology in HPE ProLiant and HPE Apollo servers deliver:
- 10GBASE-T: Utilize low cost Cat6a cables and RJ-45 connections for 10GbE, eliminating the need for potentially expensive 10GbE SFP+ optics. This reduces deployment costs by up to 46%(1) and is backward compatible with 1GbE infrastructure.
- Universal RDMA – Industry's only network adapter that offers customers a flexibility of RDMA technology, customer can choose RoCE/RoCEv2 for small to medium scale deployments on a lossless ethernet network and iWARP for large cloud scale architectures built on standard Ethernet fabrics.
- Cavium SmartAN™ Technology - Supports auto configuration of the adapter when connecting between 10GbE and 25GbE networks, eliminating server administrator intervention for manually configuring port speeds and FECs. Cavium FastLinQ SmartANtechnology along with extensive interop testing virtually eliminate interoperability challenges in physical layer networks.
- Network and Server Virtualization Offloads – Acceleration for Network Virtualization by offloading protocol processing for VxLAN, NVGRE, GRE and GENEVE, enabling customers to build and scale virtualized networks without impacting network performance. Optimize infrastructure costs and increase virtual machine density by leveraging technologies like SR-IOV that deliver acceleration and QoS for enterprise workloads.
- Flexible Archtecture: A flexible microcoded architecture delivers faster time to market and adaption to new and emerging technologies, extending the return of investment in FastLinQ NIC technology
The new HPE adapters from Cavium are also capable of supporting additional advanced features that will be enabled by HPE with firmware upgrades in early CY2018. These include:
- NIC Partioning – Optimize infrastructure and streamline traffic management using NIC Partitioning (NPAR) that delivers up to 16 physical functions per adapter with QoS.
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Enables Telcos and NFV application vendors to seamlessly deploy, manage and accelerate the most demanding NFV workloads by delivering up to 36 Million small packet performance, MPLSoUDP offload and integration with OpenStack.
- Storage Acceleration: Full protocol offload for iSCSI, FCoE and NVMe over Fabrics delivers up to 3M IOPS while consuming the fewest server CPU cycles, leaving headroom for virtual applications and enabling higher ROI on server investments.
The new 10/25Gbps Ethernet adapters based on Cavium FastLinQ 41000 Series technology are now available from HPE. These include
- HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port 621SFP28 Adapter
- HPE Ethernet 10/25Gb 2-port 622FLR-SFP28 CNA
- HPE Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 521T Adapter
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), offers a broad portfolio of infrastructure solutions for compute, security, storage, switching, connectivity and baseband processing. Cavium's highly integrated multi-core SoC products deliver software compatible solutions across low to high performance points enabling secure and intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Data Center and Service Provider Equipment. Cavium processors and solutions are supported by an extensive ecosystem of operating systems, tools, application stacks, hardware reference designs and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, Israel, China and Taiwan.
View original content with multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cavium-fastlinq-delivers-advanced-networking-io-for-hpe-gen-10-servers-300562430.html
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.
Angel Atondo, Sr. Marketing Communications Manager, Telephone: +1 408-943-7417, Email: Email Contact