Tewksbury, MA, 3 August 2017 - Avery Design Systems Inc., an innovator in functional verification productivity solutions, today announced availability of updates to its NVMe VIP supporting NVMe 1.3 and support for new NVMe-Management Interface (NVMe-MI) over PCIe 4.0 or SMBus 3.0.
The NVMe VIP now supports the NVMe 1.3 standard including enhancements to models, protocol checking, and compliance testsuites.
NVMe 1.3 mandatory features and revisions
- Identify Namespace return list of Namespace Identifiers
- Get Log Page command change for Retain Asynchronous Event functionality
- Globally Unique Updates
- SGL Dword Simplification
- Firmware Update Granularity
- Namespace Optimal IO Boundary
- Non-Operational Power State Permissive Mode
- Data Transfer Direction for opcodes shall be valid
- Reservations Changes
- Operation Denied status code
- Deallocated Value for Logical Block Data
NVMe 1.3 optional new features
- Device Self-Test
- Boot Partitions
- Virtualization Enhancements
- NVMe-MI Management Enhancements
- Host Controlled Thermal Management
- Emulated Controller Performance Enhancement
The NVMe host driver now supports the NVMe Management Interface (NVMe-MI) to communicate out-of-band with an NVMe NVM Subsystem Management Endpoint via PCI Express or SMBus/I2C over a simplified MCTP protocol. NVMe-MI supports a native PCIe in-line flow or SMBus adapter for out-of-bound communication via a SMBus 3.0 host model.
- Discover devices that are present and learn capabilities of each device
- Store data about the host environment enabling a Management Controller to query the data later
- Health and temperature monitoring
- Multiple Command Slots to prevent a long latency command from blocking monitoring operations
- Processor and operating system agnostic
- A standard format for VPD and defined mechanisms to read/write VPD contents
- Preserves data at rest security
“Avery continues to demonstrate leadership in NVMe and PCIe VIP with support for the latest NVMe features,” said Chris Browy, vice president of sales/marketing at Avery. “Our customers can develop new products more confidently and quickly knowing a comprehensive SystemVerilog/UVM NVMe verification environment is available for the latest in NVMe developments targeting enterprise, client, and cloud.”
See Avery Design Systems at Flash Memory Summit (Booth #718), August 8-10, at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA.