Technology and Software to Map and Manage Critical Underground InfrastructurePITTSBURGH, June 27, 2017 — (PRNewswire) — (OTCQB Symbol "GSPH") Geospatial Corporation provides complete Quality Assurance ("QA") for Installed Locational Integrity Management ("ILIM") programs for underground pipelines and conduits installed via Horizontal Directional Drilling ("HDD") methods regardless of depth, material or soil conditions. This service addresses the need for accurate 3D Mapping of critical pipeline systems that exceeds regulatory requirements and supports integrity and reliability demands.
Mark Smith, Geospatial's CEO stated, "Geospatial has successfully completed numerous QA programs for major energy companies across the country. In addition, the Company is in discussions with some of the largest global energy companies to provide QA and mapping programs to allow clients to better manage their underground pipeline assets. We feel strongly that these solid relationships will lead to rapidly growing opportunities for Geospatial. With the enactment of new Federal PHMSA regulations (the Pipes Act of 2016), the need for energy companies to accurately map and manage underground pipeline data is growing rapidly."
Benefits to pipeline owners, designers, and engineers contemplating a re-route, re-locate and HDD installation:
- The pipeline industry is rapidly moving to 3D (plan/profile) mapping of pipeline assets. This includes those difficult to reach and high risk segments.
- HDD has afforded the opportunity to go deep, much deeper than can be detected by conventional locating methods, so proactive pipeline owners are gathering important positional data before the line is put into service.
- Geospatial's QA and ILIM program provides accurate XYZ "as installed" locational data, including depth for most underground and underwater pipelines and conduits regardless of size, depth or type of material.
- In addition to very accurate XYZ locational information, Geospatial provides detailed girth weld positions, alignment, and precise bend radius data at all points along the installed pipeline - this supports any ICDA or hydraulic flow analysis.
- Depth of cover can be computed with terrain or water bottom data and a caliper survey can optionally be included for complete geometry.
- Our QA and ILIM program when coupled with GeoUnderground (our mobile GIS information management software platform), can provide field data collection of geo-referenced video of the pipeline interior and above-ground right of way physical features and appurtenances.
- A powerful "Library & Search" capability to store, edit, manage and securely share important documents, photos, video and field data from your mobile device with work teams anywhere in the organization.
- Peace of mind that the pipelines on your project have been installed and documented to be in the right location, at the right depth with the proper bending radius.
- Reduce the threat of third party damage or natural forces by knowing the depth of cover and managing this preventative and protective measure.
- Excellent in deep water crossings, under major highway and environmentally sensitive area HDD projects by providing a detailed permanent record of pipelines actual location.
- Reduced cost, low impact operation can add significant value and confidence to pipeline integrity without any delay during construction operations.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1993 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and is subject to the safe harbor created by those laws. These forward-looking statements, if any, are based upon a number of assumptions and estimates that are subject to significant uncertainties that involve known and unknown risks, many of which are beyond our control and are not guarantees of future performance. Actual outcomes and results could materially differ from what is expressed, implied, or forecasted in any such forward-looking statements and any such difference may be caused by risk factors listed from time to time in the Company's news releases and/or its filings or as a result of other factors.
If you would like to discuss Geospatial's new Quality Assurance and Installed Locational Integrity Management program, feel free to contact me at any time. If you're not the right contact within your organization, could you please pass this press release along to the proper person or let me know how to contact them.
Thanks and have a great week.
O – 724-353-3400
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/geospatial-corporation-announces-one-year-anniversary-of-its-quality-assurance-program-qap-for-underground-pipelines-under-our-installed-locational-integrity-management-ilim-deliverable-300480415.html
SOURCE Geospatial Corporation