Renfinity's Secure Grid® was created as a response to the challenges emergency responders experienced during the 9/11 tragedy. It is designed to provide cybersecure smart city enterprise integration to assist in providing comprehensive access to the critical information needed prior to, during and after threats to the public safety. In addition to providing critical situational awareness to responders at the federal, state and local levels, our FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) compliant solutions provide emergency responders with many of the tools that assist in returning communities to safe and secure states. From identifying power outages, damaged structures, flooding concerns and fire hazards, responders can improve response strategies and solutions
Smart Cities and Cybersecurity
Smart cities offer greater information and efficiencies for their citizens, however, the same internet connectivity that enables these efficiencies can be used to deliver physical damage to infrastructure and also cause loss of life if accessed by malicious actors. The use of more and more technology to innovate around the management of cities and their infrastructure, create new attack surfaces that can be exploited.
Smart Cities and Cybersecurity Image
Secure Grid® FIPS complaint encryptions help to mitigate cybersecurity risks for public safety. With the ability to track people, physical assets and equipment real-time within a secure and private network, provide video and audio communication features, Renfinity's solutions provide emergency responders and organizations with multi-channel communication and situational awareness – all in real time. Our integrated and open-source platforms enable the sharing of data and information in a secure and reliable wireless infrastructure across the enterprise.
Are you worried about a cyber attack targeting smart city transportation initiatives?
· Eighty-one percent of the respondents believe a cyber attack targeting critical city infrastructure could cause physical damage.
· Eighty-three percent of the respondents are worried about cyber attacks that target smart city transportation initiatives.
· Only three percent of the respondents believed there would not be a cyber attack against smart city services this year.
Public Safety Personnel and Asset Tracking
Renfinity's patent pending Secure Grid® solution is FIPS compliant using secure RFID to track and protect the movement of physical and human assets within an organization's wireless network infrastructure. This solution greatly enhances a company's security solution, as it reduces the risk of bad actors gaining access to assets that they should not have access to, as well as prevents the removal of secure physical assets from the locations where they belong. Renfinity's solutions provide critical infrastructure FIPS-level cybersecurity within the Secure Grid® Enterprise Wireless Asset Management (EWAM) dashboard:
· RTLS – Real Time Location Systems – Tracking personnel, vehicles and assets in real-time
· RFID – Radio Frequency ID for wirelessly identifying and tracking personnel, vehicles and assets
· ALPR - Automated License Plate Recognition – Protecting driver's vehicle information and travel histories
· GIS – Geographic Information Systems – Integrates GIS systems for tracking
· AI – Artificial Intelligence – Securely integrates with cognitive computing solutions and provides the ability to better manage multiple enterprise components using artificial intelligence
· Drones – Drone Technologies – Provide a complete 360-degree, high-resolution overview for improved situational awareness and damage assessment
· Business Continuity - Rapidly deployable communications system for locations that have little to no communication capabilities from LMR or commercial wireless capabilities
· Private Networks for Public Safety - Secure and integrate mutual-aid-based networks for public safety after attacks or natural disasters
Renfinity provides Secure Grid® and Real-Time Location Services to private and public sector companies. Renfinity's patent pending solution allows companies to know at all times, the physical location of all of their assets, both human and physical. To this end, Renfinity has developed and filed patent applications for the Secure Grid®, a method for implementing unparalleled security while tracking these assets. For more information, please visit www.renfinity.com or call us at 1-800-503-1527.
Note to journalists and bloggers: You can view and download a video on the Renfinity Secure Grid® collaboration by clicking here.
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/renfinitys-secure-grid-enterprise-wireless-asset-management-for-public-safety-300341995.html
SOURCE Renfinity Inc.