"The new Canvas X Ultimate 16 product is an important addition to our new Canvas X product line," said Doug Vandekerkhove, President of ACD Systems. The 64-bit architecture combined with new DPI settings for high resolution monitors offers users a faster and more streamlined technical illustration experience. Canvas X Ultimate 16 is an essential tool for GIS professionals in the oil & gas and energy sectors, aerospace and automotive industries, education, and government.
Canvas X Ultimate 16 key features include:
- Painless Projection Population -- Select or define geo-referencing information for a document with the GIS Manager. Manage every detail including the Projected Coordinate System, angular and linear units, axis orientation and the GEO CS.
- Real World Representation -- Strategically move or position objects according to their latitude and longitude coordinates. Measure distance in world coordinates by drawing and selecting a line between two points.
- Easily formulate a grid of lines displaying the meridians of longitude and parallels of latitude. Precisely control its units of measure, exact decimal levels, longitude and latitude start and end points, etc.
- Define a geographic coordinate system for a projection and tweak it with options such as GEO CS name, Ellipsoid, Prime Meridian and Datum Transformation.
- Apply automatic specs -- Set your GIS drawing scale and reference point, and define a reference rectangle. Based on the selected point or defined bounding box, Canvas X Ultimate automatically sets up the projected coordinate system for your file.
- Support for GIS specialized file formats including, TIFF, SHP, E00, RT1, SDTS, MIF, S57, ECW, SID, GML, Geo JPEG, GIS Text, GPS Garmin and more.
- Shipshape schematics -- Perform queries on chosen properties and their values. Achieve ultimate clarity by assigning text labels to map objects with defined settings such as text format, location and rotation angle.
- Quickly and precisely warp GIS illustrations through an X/Y control point system within a selected image. Or warp by latitude and longitude.
- Vivid data visualization -- Access detailed fill, stroke, ink and GIS-specialized augmentation options ideal for your GIS data visualization. Vary the appearance of map objects according to a selected property or a query to create thematic and choropleth maps.
Canvas X Ultimate 16 is available now for $799 MSRP at http://www.canvasx.com/. Eligible upgrades are available starting at $299.
About ACD Systems
Founded in Texas in 1993 by imaging visionary Doug Vandekerkhove, ACD Systems is one of the largest and most respected independent digital editing and management companies in the world. Doug foresaw the importance of the convergence of analog and digital (print, photos, scans, video and metadata). The company's products include ACDSee, and CANVAS X, which helps Fortune 500 companies enhance, manage and disseminate their valuable digital assets. Customers include General Motors, Caterpillar, Boeing, The New York City Fire Department, NASA, CNN and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Today ACD Systems holds six patents and millions of ACDSee and CANVAS X products are currently in use throughout the world.
Canvas, Canvas logo, Canvas X and Canvas X logo are trademarks of Canvas X Software, Inc. and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. ACD, ACD Systems are trademarks of ACD Systems International Inc. and may be registered in certain jurisdictions.
Media Contacts: Cameron Smead Karbo Communications for ACD Systems 925-785-7872 Email Contact Emily Carey 650-704-6786 Email Contact