DUBLIN — (BUSINESS WIRE) — September 11, 2013 — Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zz52w7/personal_3d) has announced the addition of the "Personal 3D Printers: Market Forecast and Market Share Analysis: 2013-2022" report to their offering.
Almost 70,000 personal 3D printers will be sold in 2013, with personal 3D printing being hailed by some as the next big thing - almost as disruptive as the personal computing revolution itself. Big name companies - Microsoft, Staples and UPS - are also making investments.
But the other side of the 3D printing story is that it is not yet clear what 3D personal printing is good for and many suppliers of these machines are small companies with limited resources.
With all this in mind this new report from SmarTech provides the first thorough market analysis of the personal 3D printer space. It offers an in-depth discussion of applications where we believe personal 3D printers can generate new business revenues and includes a ten-year (volume and value) forecasts of personal 3D printers with breakouts by application. Also included in this report are 10-year projections of software, 3D scanners and services used in the personal 3D printer sector.
The report also provides SmarTech's assessment of the market shares of all the leading suppliers of personal 3D printers, along with a discussion of the strategies of the key firms influencing this market. Likely long-term financing trends for the 3D personal printing sector are also discussed.
This report will be invaluable to product marketing and business development executives in the 3D printing sector, as well as the investment community.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter One: Personal 3D Printing: Opportunities and Strategies
- 1.1 Revenue Generation for Personal 3D Printing Firms: The Next Five Years
- 1.2 Long-Term Opportunities for Personal 3D Printing Firms
- 1.3 Evolution of Printing Services for Personal 3D Printing
- 1.4 Opportunities for Software Companies in the Personal 3D Printing Space
- 1.5 Ten Companies to Watch in the Personal 3D Printing Sector
1.5.2 3D Systems
1.5.3 Beijing Tiertime
1.6 Summary of Ten-Year Forecasts of Personal 3D Printing Markets
Chapter Two: Emerging Markets for 3D Personal Printing
- 2.2 Hype and Reality in Personal 3D Printing
- 2.1 Current and Future Hobbyist Markets
- 2.2 Small Scale Manufacturing and Home Businesses
- 2.3 Educational Markets
- 2.4 Medical and Dental Markets for 3D Personal Printers
- 2.5 Personal 3D Printing: Derivative Markets
- 2.6 Major Barriers to Adoption for 3D Printing
- 2.7 Key Points from this Chapter
Chapter Three: Product and Technology Evolution for Personal 3D Printers
- 3.1 Printing Technology for Personal 3D Printers: Current Use and Future Trends
3.1.1 Are Personal 3D Printers Ready for Prime Time?
- 3.2 Major Suppliers of Personal 3D Printers
3.2.1 Market Shares
3.2.2 Key Strategies Employed by Personal 3D Printer Firms
3.2.3 Financing Trends: VCs, Strategic Investments and Crowdsourcing
- 3.3 3D Printing Service Bureau Strategies for Personal 3D Printing
3.3.1 Entry of large firms into the 3D Service Bureau Business
- 3.4 Current and Future Personal 3D Printing Software Products
3.4.1 Design and Modeling Software
3.4.2 Solid Modeling CAD
3.4.3 3D Computer Graphics
3.4.4 Scanning Software
- 3.5 Supply Chain/Marketing Channel Evolution for the Personal 3D Printing Industry
- 3.6 The Future of Open Source in 3D Printing
- 3.7 Key Points Made in this Section
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zz52w7/personal_3d