More than 125 files featuring Georgia-Pacific Gypsum products now available
ATLANTA, Sept. 4, 2013 — (PRNewswire) — Georgia-Pacific Design Studio, an online resource portal for the design and construction industry from Georgia-Pacific Gypsum, has expanded its offering to include downloadable files that make 3D design easier, faster and more accurate for architects, specifiers and contractors using Division 9 products.
Now, more than 125 files built in the AutoDesk® Revit® software and 23 files built in SketchUp, a 3D modeling offering from Trimble Navigation Limited, are available in the Georgia-Pacific Design Studio. The files, which include wall, floor/ceiling combinations; area separation wall; and shaftwall assemblies designed with Georgia-Pacific Gypsum products, can be easily downloaded or imported into Revit or SketchUp for Building Information Modeling (BIM) models. The Revit and SketchUp files – and related resources – are available at www.GPDesignStudio.com.
"The addition of simple-to-use commercial assemblies using 3D compatible files is an important tool on our popular online Georgia-Pacific Design Studio," said Mike McCoy, senior director-Product Management and Marketing, Georgia-Pacific Gypsum. "Along with other tools on the site, the Revit and SketchUp files give architects, specifiers and contractors free resources needed to complete their work more efficiently." The designs were built using Revit 2012, which means they are also compatible with Revit 2013 and 2014 versions; and with SketchUp 7.
Other tools available at www.GPDesignStudio.com are:
- Assemblies Library – searchable database of detailed information, illustrations and performance characteristics for numerous wall systems and assemblies using Georgia-Pacific Gypsum products
- CAD Drawings –2D CAD details of various assemblies, available in multiple formats
- LEED® Calculation Tools -- concise information about a product's potential LEED credit contribution in the U.S. and Canada, including specific data regarding recycled content and regional materials
- Online Architectural and Roofing Binders – Division 9 and Division 7 compilations of specifications, working documents and case histories
- Residential Wall Systems Comparison Tool – for examining and comparing recommended pre-configured wall systems in five climate zones based on fundamental performance characteristics using different claddings, insulations and interior membranes.
Headquartered at Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs nearly 35,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
GEORGIA-PACIFIC and the Georgia-Pacific logo are trademarks owned by or licensed to Georgia-Pacific Gypsum LLC. AUTODESK and REVIT are registered trademarks of AutoDesk, Inc. SketchUp is a registered trademark of Trimble Navigation Limited.
Media can find more information at http://gp.com/build/gpgypsum-news
|Georgia-Pacific Design Studio