PALO ALTO, Calif., February 13, 2013 – HP today announced a complete redesign of its HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS), which enriches remote access of the most demanding workstation applications, and reduces network bandwidth requirements by at least half.
Shipped for free on all HP Z and EliteBook Mobile Workstations, HP RGS enables real-time collaboration between multiple users simultaneously and provides remote access to a workstation with little to no loss of performance.
“HP Workstation customers are professionals at the top of their game and require high-performance technology anywhere at any time,” said Josh Peterson, director, Worldwide Product Management, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. “HP RGS addresses this need and version 6.0 enhances our customers’ ability to collaborate and access the power of HP Workstations from anywhere, improving efficiency and ultimately end user and team productivity.”
Designed to support demanding professional graphics heavy applications, RGS 6.0 is updated to include the following features:
- Lightning-fast response time and top visual fidelity
- 50 to 90 percent reduction of network bandwidth usage for RGS connections, bringing seamless HP Workstation access and collaborative capabilities to new devices and networks
- Expanded performance boundaries increase the reach of remote workstation access
- Improved WAN performance with integrated HP Velocity technology continuously monitors end-to-end network connections and network congestion, adjusting to maximize the performance of remote connections – ensuring the best possible user experience
- Redesigned user interface designed to help new users quickly access the controls they need
- The updated software retains support for Linux, Microsoft Windows, OpenGL and DirectX
HP RGS is used by customers around the world to connect remote workers, improve mobile access and provide real-time collaboration for teams that are geographically dispersed.
- A leading aircraft manufacturer uses RGS to enable over 900 engineers to remotely access legacy toolsets 900 miles away.
- Virtual computer labs at major universities are now open 24/7, allowing students to use cutting edge engineering applications without having to buy expensive hardware and software themselves. The universities save money by reducing the needed employees in the lab, while keeping the doors “open” 24/7.
- Finally, companies like animation and design studios are using RGS collaboration tools to allow animators to quickly connect with other artists and departments during the production process. The collaboration abilities of RGS speed up approvals and maintain a creative, spontaneous environment.
HP Remote Graphics Software is currently shipping for free on all HP Z and EliteBook Mobile Workstations and is available for free download by existing customers at www.hp.com/go/RGS.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Voce Communications, a Porter Novelli Company | vocecomm.com
O 415.975.2200| D 719.434.1586 | M 719.660.1445